Monday, May 14, 2012

Working with Models

For the next activity our group had to work on models to help us come up with a form for our building. Within the group we decided that we would each come up with seperate models and then compare those and chose the better one's to develope.

With my draft models I thought as the folie was quite cubish and geometric, our form for our building should be the same. Here is a diagram of my initial idea about the form and arrangement of spaces.

Idea 1

In this model I have arranged all of the spaces around the non-programmed public space so that the non-program public space can use the other areas at different times. In this way the non-program space can incorporate numerous sections of the building. The class spaces are seperate so that two seperate classes ac be on at same time, or they can open onto the non-program public space and became a larger class space. I was also thinking that the two outer walls of the aerial performance space could open so that pedestrians walking past the space can view the aerial performance or other performance which is happening. In this way pedestrians are drawn to the building from the paths in order to continue to watch a performance. 

Below I have included two additional views of this model:


Below is my second idea for our building form:

Idea 2


This building model features a similar arrangement to my first model but includes an entry foyer and the shape of each of the spaces in the building has changed. 


Idea 3

My third idea was base on the geometric forms used in Leonardo Da' Vinci's drawings of the study of the human form. I used the square in a circle and then took the diagonals of the square in order to accurately position another square and circle up on the right of the first. Each of the spaces created by these intersecting lines was then pulled up at varying heights to create what I feel is an interesting form. 
 
The above image shows the base of my building. The images below show the building form from varying angles.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment